The integration of migrants into host societies is one of the leading challenges and priorities of the European Union and its Member States. The rapidly growing inflow of refugees from war-ravaged countries over the last decade has exacerbated the integration and inclusion challenges for most of EU member states, and has tested the capacity of local infrastructures and service provision agencies.
The partner organizations have recognized the need to develop a project that can act as a catalyst for sensitizing local communities and migrant/refugee communities to remove prejudice and mistrust and open opportunities for intercultural exchange, cooperation and interaction.
The central aim of the project is to develop and pilot sensitization strategies and tools for migrant integration, addressed to the hosting societies, through the exchange of good practices and models. The plan is to educate and empower educators, professionals and volunteers who are actively involved in the field of implementing migrant/refugee integration policy at the local level, who will then become facilitators of the sanitization strategies.
• Review of best practices and methodologies addressing sensitization of local community on integration issues of immigrants and refugees.
• Exchange of good practices and transfer knowledge and skills to relevant practitioners in sensitising local community on immigrant and refugees’ integration and inclusion process to the hosting society
• Develop and pilot sensitization methods and tools in the participating countries
• Organize events and forums to build awareness on immigrants/refuges inclusion process in each participating country, invite migrant and refugee community members.
• A guide of best practices and methodologies , addressing sensitization of local community on inclusion issues of immigrants and refugees.
• A state of the art sensitisation strategy that will guide practitioners and stakeholders in implementing awareness building campaigns on the issue of migrant/refugee integration.
• Empowerment of educators, professionals and volunteers through educational activities and pilot actions implemented at transnational and local level.
• Sensitization of local host communities as well as migrant and refugees on inclusion processes e.g. accept cultural diversity, understanding needs, provision of services etc.
• Sensitization of stakeholders that may promote outputs and results of SENCIT project and or replicate such action on their own.
The Meritum Foundation Ad (Poland)
Vormingplus Limburg (Belgium)
Hypatia Foundation Promoting Equality (Cyprus)
If you are interested in the project’s developments or want to find out more about the project’s progress, please visit the website or Facebook page and get in contact with the team.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication (communication) reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project number: 2018 - KA2 -1474192